Monday, July 2, 2007

Didn't even have to unbutton them!

So, while I haven't made much progress running, I feel as though I have made a lot of progress overall. I have been going to the gym a minimum of three times a week, and my cardio level has drastically improved over this time. Even though I may not be running, I am on the elliptical and have been able to increase my resistance while still keeping up the pace.

I have no idea at this point how far I can run, but I feel like if I stay focused on Sunday I can get through it. This may be a stretch, but at this point I'm not giving up. I still want to like running, it just hasn't happened yet. I plan to hit the track sometime this week and see if this is the key to my running happiness.

That said, I do love exercise in general and the changes that come along with it. Not only has my endurance increased from working out, but I have also gained a lot of upper body strength and have lost some weight. Well, the scale may not show a huge weight loss, but my clothes are showing it and that's all that really matters to me. Last night, for the first time in a while, I took my jeans off without unbuttoning them first. May not seem like a big deal, may seem weird that I would even try, but for me this is a huge accomplishment and enough to keep me going!

No comments: