Sunday, July 15, 2007

my second attempt

So I'm sort of hooked on writing about running, much like I'm a little hooked on running. I decided to start over and do the couch to 5K training from the start, rigidly following it. I ran the first day today, and I was astounded at how different it felt than on my first go round. The first time, I couldn't even finish the 12 sequences of 1 minute runs and 1.5 minute walks. This time it was a breeze. I was able to focus on my stride, and my lungs kept up with me. Crazy how much can change in a couple of months.

So I decided I'm going to keep track of my progress/training in this one entry, and just add to it as I go along (so as to not get in the way of all the cake talk/pictures/adventures.) I will add a link to the side column for this entry, if anyone feels like following along. My ultimate goal is to be ready for another 5K in September, and to come in under 30 minutes.

Day 1___7/15/07___5 min warm up walk; alternate of 1 minute run and 1.5 minute walk for 20 minutes (12 reps). Felt amazing.

No comments: